Fresh New Year
New Year, New Resolutions, New Expectations. New Years is time to de-clutter. Clutter is physically and mentally exhausting. Following all the commotion that comes from the end of the year frenzy, I long for quiet, peaceful, at rest January. It is a time to de-junk my house, my office, my closets and my life. Doing so brings about clarity and energy. Steps of this process:
1. Assess priorities and establish a plan on how you will give focus to your priorities.
2. Choose the objects, obligations and activities that align with your priorities. Say no to the things that don’t matter. Saying yes to things that are not a priority will drain you.
3. Eliminate the non-essential. This frees you from having to tend to things that aren’t important to you and reduces clutter both physically and mentally.
4. Make sure every physical item has a place. Being disorganized is a waste of your time as you look for lost items as well as an irritant. By being organized, you gain control over your space and time.
5. Create a schedule where every priority is allocated it’s time. Dedicating time to your priorities assures you are working toward achieving and maintain your goals and will keep you in control and on top of your world.
6. Review and update your budget for the new calendar year. Make sure it reflects your priorities and that you are living within your means.
7. In setting up a budget, follow the 80-10-10 rule of living off 80%, saving 10% and gifting to others 10%.
Following these steps kicks off the year with focus, clarity and new energy.